Friday, July 16, 2010

Soul Searching




The time is beckoning

For some soul reckoning

And so I’m sitting here

Groping, hoping, and (maybe moping?)

For some shedded light to appear



My words are fumbling

My thoughts-jumbling

My hands support my head

As I write, nail bite, for some insight

But am confused instead



My mind is brewing,

What am really I doing?

With my life, with my days

Prioritizing? Compromising? (Analyzing?)

Going in the right ways?



Others may keep busy

With paces so dizzy

Though it might seem to me

As acting, distracting (not reacting)

No time to think; to be.



But I am linking

My life to some thinking

And before my eyes

Unfurling, yet swirling, twirling

Don’t know where my destiny lies.







8 comments:

  1. well written and expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I really like this one... incredibly well written and a reminder wake up call...
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautifully written poem! I really like the way you wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it.
    I like the rhyme pattern, too.
    Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the unrestful soul searching ...
    is a void that the neshama feels...
    hopefully it spurs us into action to fill it.

    ... it should not drag us down...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I just discovered your blog and I think I'm going to love it! It's so my style. Poems are hard to write and you seem to have real talent. Looking forward to reading more!

    Good Shabbos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun I. Rain Thanx! You're a fantastic writer yourself!
    Grin-how do you figure out what we are searching for?

    ReplyDelete