Friday, November 13, 2009

Hidden



I keep my feelings hidden
Under the cover of my mask
With the smile on my face 
You wouldn't even think to ask

I keep my feelings hidden
Because they are meaningful to me
I don't know if you will care for them 
The way it's meant to be

I keep my feelings hidden
So they are safe and secure
I know that this way
They will be protected for sure

If I would allow my feelings
To be honest and open
Will you treat them with respect
Or will they be broken?

Will you laugh them away?
Or dismiss them with your hand,
Brush them off like an annoying fly, 
Show you don't understand?

My feelings are so fragile
And need to be handled with care
And I don't know what you will do
So they are staying inside here.

So I keep my feelings hidden
Scared to be discussed
For though to share may bring relief
Don't know if I could trust. 




4 comments:

  1. my hand doesn't know how to do that fly thing
    ears open
    mouth closed
    any time

    ReplyDelete
  2. the world is strong enough to bear your feelings, there are trustworthy people out there, test them slowly and you will you find that they are safe.

    everything is going to be ok. in the end, everything is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Future Midwife, Thanx!
    Chana-when is the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etcetera, that is a very good question. I don't know when, but I do know it will arrive.

    ReplyDelete